Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

My 7 days of woe and still going

Well , let me start off with something went wrong with my mount . It just wants to take off and run when getting ready to image. I haven't a clue what's going on with it but, I'll figure it out one day .  I had 7 straight glorious nights and now it's doing nothing but, rain. I'm sick , Ill whatever you want to call it , that's me.

A mount taking off and running deserves a video which then deserves to be posted.

by the way, I was in NC a couple of weeks ago. Very clear skies apart from rather a lot of rain on my last day! Seems much more amenable than the UK :)

Yes , here in N Carolina the weather is pretty pleasant in the spring but, as we get into May it starts to heat up and then it starts the " VOLCANIC HEAT" and those "SKEETERS" with teeth which isn't good for anything outside. It has been awful windy this year and with my 8 in. sail "OTA" it isn't good on vibration. My buddy and I have narrowed the problem, down to the HBX and I just received the replacement. Plenty of testing in my future to get everything right  again. I just needed to vent .

On 01/05/2016 at 00:36, stepping beyond said:

Well , let me start off with something went wrong with my mount . It just wants to take off and run when getting ready to image. I haven't a clue what's going on with it but, I'll figure it out one day .  I had 7 straight glorious nights and now it's doing nothing but, rain. I'm sick , Ill whatever you want to call it , that's me.

Vent all you like! :)

However, this being a forum with a (primarily) UK audience, saying that you had seven straight glorious nights won't get you much in the way of sympathy! ;) We're lucky to get one in seven nights clear...

I hope you get you mount problems sorted out.

Archived