Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

FIRST LIGHT WITH THE Atik 16hr

CELESCOPE

ok i said i would not put an image up till i have got to grips with this camera , but thought well lets take the first image i started with and see how i progress , not that good this one mainly because i was using the F3.3 reducer and for some reason it did not like the GPS8 , The outer edges were left blank , but i was happy with Arthurs help to get started ,the camera shows great promise , with such short subs of only 40 secs i was surprised, just imagine what the detail will be like when i can image for mins ,

so this was taken at F 3,3 BINNED 2X2 ,GPS 8 ,HA FILTER , Processed in MAXIM .

ROG

:lol:

image.jpg

Snowwwwwwwwww blimey Arthur , well it clouded over after i took that image so i packed in as well , not sure why with the 3,3 reducer i just got a round image , any ideas on that one Arthur, using the gps 8 that was. never had it on the 6.3 reducer , did,nt process that one as the ole horse was to close , could see his teeth heheheheh .

Rog

oh and why is the horse the wrong way around ???? i can alter that i know but just wondered ,thought the fast star only done that .

Snowwwwwwwwww blimey Arthur , well it clouded over after i took that image so i packed in as well , not sure why with the 3,3 reducer i just got a round image , any ideas on that one Arthur, using the gps 8 that was. never had it on the 6.3 reducer , did,nt process that one as the ole horse was to close , could see his teeth heheheheh .

Rog

oh and why is the horse the wrong way around ???? i can alter that i know but just wondered ,thought the fast star only done that .

You have to mess with the distance from the FR to the chip to get it right - that's why they come with all the adapter tubes. The FR is another lump of glass in the way. Also - you should remember that the little Atik is a webcam-based beastie and as such will give you a correct-image pic. The Artemis/Atik gives you what it sees. You can hit the 180 button though (Camera menu) if you like.

Arthur

Archived