Narrowband

The Solar Photosphere - 29th Apr 2016

David Smith

Early shoot and no work today so had time to process. We are away this weekend so this will be my last for April, not a bad month with 19 white light disks and 9 Calcium disks (not quite the equal of last year when I got 28/30 in white light). The Sun is really putting on a show at the moment with so much activity in white light, hope you all get the chance to grab a look at some point over the weekend, it really is a beautiful sight.

I received a long 2" T-Adaptor (Skywatcher version) in the post yesterday, this makes a much nicer (solid) connection to the upgraded focuser I added a few weeks back. I probably need to refresh my flats to take account of this new configuration but did not have time for that this morning. I also received some Baader ND3.8 in the post the other day so I need to make up a new filter holder so I can have a go with that, maybe a job for Monday.

20160429.png20160429_Invert.png

20160429mono.png

Archived