Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

ASI1600mm cool

Andyb90

• Replies 982
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 25/11/2017 at 08:19, Astrobug said:

Any suggestion for h-alpha 12 nm filter? I was thinking about 120 sec.

I use 5 minute exposures in narrow band at 139 gain and they haven't failed me yet :-)

I had some issues with setting up my OAG so resorted to 30 second unguided exposures with gain 400. The results were good, but its quite a lot of data. Also there is the time between subs taken to download the image and analyse star data in SGPro. Plus dithering time. With many subs you lose a bit more time between each one.

But on the other hand I do like that you can pick out the best subs without losing too much data.

I think I've got my guide cam and the 1600 focused together with the OAG so I'm going to try guiding again, but up the exposure to 120 seconds and reduce the gain to 200. Has anyone else used similar gain and exposure settings? Hopefully it should be okay.

Andy. 

28 minutes ago, Andyb90 said:

I'm going to try guiding again, but up the exposure to 120 seconds and reduce the gain to 200. Has anyone else used similar gain and exposure settings? Hopefully it should be okay.

I think it very much depends on your own sky background. I'm taking LRGB at 120s at 139 gain and Ha at 240s at the same gain and I can get star colour in all but the brighter stars (though I can still get their colour from their halos). I'm in a suburban area so I do have light pollution, which limits my sub lengths.

5 hours ago, Andyb90 said:

I had some issues with setting up my OAG so resorted to 30 second unguided exposures with gain 400. The results were good, but its quite a lot of data. Also there is the time between subs taken to download the image and analyse star data in SGPro. Plus dithering time. With many subs you lose a bit more time between each one.

Andy. 

I think that if you take lots of exposures, you can safely dither only every 3rd or 5th exposure. That should save you some time.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry this is a lazy post in that I haven't gone through all 40 pages and I'm sure the answers are in there!  I'm planning on buying the mono version of this camera and am looking at the flo bundle with 36mm ZWO filters and the EFW7.  I would also want to add the OAG.  Is anyone using this set up who might have some advice or experience? Any views on the ZWO filters?  Is anyone using the camera with maxim?  Am I right in thinking it will be an ascom driver?  

Any help or advice much appreciated

On ‎30‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 19:12, wimvb said:

I think that if you take lots of exposures, you can safely dither only every 3rd or 5th exposure. That should save you some time.

I've been running 90s exposures Ha, 60s LRGB and dither every 5 exposures.

Looks OK to me (but I have low standards :))

Archived