Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

ASI1600mm cool

Andyb90

Typically clouded out last night . Looking good for tonight though . I am thinking of using Sharp Cap , live stacking option , to FIT files is this a viable option ? At present just trying to keep life simple with the camera . I have SG Pro ( Trial ) , but that will be a learning curve for me . Alan

• Replies 982
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Astrith said:

To quote a cliche " This is a really good camera ". My first  image in mono using a NB 7 H-Alpha filter.

To use the current vernacular .... #nailedit :-)

Love the ghostly quality of the wall - excellent first shot!

David

Looks like they've changed the camera a bit - it's grown a screw thing on the side of the case :D  Mine doesn't have that.  Is it for desiccant tablet access?  That was one slightly poor point with mine.

43 minutes ago, Gina said:

Looks like they've changed the camera a bit - it's grown a screw thing on the side of the case :D  Mine doesn't have that.  Is it for desiccant tablet access?  That was one slightly poor point with mine.

Didn't they do something about the fact that the top could be unscrewed very easily and by accident, maybe it's a screw to stop that ?? :)

Yes, it could be.  It does look a bit small for a desiccant cap.  I unscrewed mine by accident and crushed one of the tablets when I screwed it back on.  Even then it wasn't fully closed and let moisture in so I had to replace the desiccant tablets.

They must have taken note of the problems with the dessicant tabs. The front is now secured by screws and the collar thingy comes as an accessary.

Looks like they take note of feedback and act accordingly.

7 minutes ago, SkyBound said:

So that goes on in place of the screw mentioned above, and is it then left on, or just for a set amount of time...? And does it come with the camera, or does it have to be bought seperately..? :)

See the pics I took of the new version of the camera in this thread:

7 minutes ago, r3i said:

See the pics I took of the new version of the camera in this thread:

Thanks for that..

i see that it has a male thread on the front of the camera now, and not a female thread, does that cause any issues...? As all my 2" nosepiece have male threads... :)

i guess it would fit straight to a filter wheel, but what if you weren't going to use a FW...?

13 hours ago, SkyBound said:

Thanks for that..

i see that it has a male thread on the front of the camera now, and not a female thread, does that cause any issues...? As all my 2" nosepiece have male threads... :)

i guess it would fit straight to a filter wheel, but what if you weren't going to use a FW...?

The camera comes with a F-F T-thread extension, I think it's 10mm long or thereabouts.

If anyone, like me, has been hunting down the imaging area of the chip on the 1600 I think its 17.7mm x 13.3 mm

I knew the diagonal (21.9), and as the guys at Starry Night Pro told me..with that I can work out the area, but Messrs. Pytha of Garos confused me to the point I wept (that's right, failed advanced algebra etc. in school)

I needed it for the FOV indicator set up in Starry Night Pro 7.

Hope that helps

David

M27 pic taken with the ZWO ASI 1600mm - Cool I poses for 4 months now. Picture taken with 7x 900 sec Ha and 4x 900 sec OIII at unity gain with the TS 130/910mm APO refractor i.c.w. a 0,8x reducer and Baader filters. Processed in PixInsight and finishing touch in PhotoShop.

I desired I've got a lot more photo's taken with this camera to post.   

Selling off my ATIK 383L+ for this camera was the best decision I have made so far in AF...

M27 bi-color.png

23 minutes ago, RobRob said:

M28 pic taken with the ZWO ASI 1600mm - Cool I poses for 4 months now. Picture taken with 7x 900 sec Ha and 4x 900 sec OIII at unity gain with the TS 130/910mm APO refractor i.c.w. a 0,8x reducer and Baader filters. Processed in PixInsight and finishing touch in PhotoShop.

Selling off my ATIK 383L+ for this camera was the best decision I have made so far in AF...

Excellent results, and with 10min exposures too which is reassuring as I was going to increase mine from 5min at unity to 10min at unity on IC 1396 to see how they turn out in comparison.

Well done :-)

David

37 minutes ago, RobRob said:

M28 pic taken with the ZWO ASI 1600mm - Cool I poses for 4 months now. Picture taken with 7x 900 sec Ha and 4x 900 sec OIII at unity gain with the TS 130/910mm APO refractor i.c.w. a 0,8x reducer and Baader filters. Processed in PixInsight and finishing touch in PhotoShop.

M27 bi-color.png

Superb image, FYI it's M27 not 28... :)

On 05/12/2016 at 19:33, SkyBound said:

Thanks for that..

Yes, the camera fits straight onto the ZWO filter wheel which puts the filters very close to the sensor virtually eliminating vignetting when using 1.25" screw in filters.  And Astrodon filters will fit the FW in spite of being slightly higher than the limit quoted by ZWO.

The camera comes with a female to female gender changing adapter which adds 11mm to the optical path.

M33 combined ATIK 383L+ data with ASI1600mm data:

Ha shot half November (21x 900 sec, ASI 1600mm), and LRGB shot in 2015 (20x RGB @ 300sec + 15 L @ 300sec, ATIK 383L+), TS 130/910mm APO i.c.w. 0,8x reducer/flattener and Baader filters.

M33.png

Archived