SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Guiding with Maxim and dual chip camera

Rodd

I am in the process of converting from CCDops to Maxim DL v6.  I use an SBIG STT 8300 camera, which has 2 chips, a guide chip in the filter wheel (in front of the filters) and an imaging sensor.  Maxim is suppose to be able to guide with the guide chip and image with the imaging chip--but I can't figure out how to do it.  I can image with the imaging chip and guide with the guide chip--but not at the same time.  As soon as I start my exposure, I get the message that the guide chip (camera 2 as assigned by Maxim) is busy.  

Anyone know how to guide in Maxim with a dual chip camera?

Thanks,

Rodd

Hello Rodd,

I also have an SBIG ST-10XME with integrated AUTOGUIDER CHIP.. and in MAXIM DL you only need to connect the CCD via USB,

and then in MAXIM DL you chose for SBIG UNIVERSAL as CCD, and then at the same time activate the DUAL CHIP MODE ) see picture below )

That shows MAXIM DL that your CCD has an internal AUtoGuider Chip. and then yiou can take pictures with MAIN CCD and guide with guider chip.

Regards

Martin

Unbenannt.JPG

Archived