SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

M13 second attempt

lmao_37

i had another go at M13 last night i took a stack of 8 photo's and iam trying to get to grips with photostacker, but these are 2 of the photo's i took both are 90 second exposure's with the iso set to 800, iam learning how to do this as i go but iam waiting for a couple of books to turn up to get a better idea of how to the best out of my camara. :lol:

pity its same old weather today :grin:

6743_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

6744_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Your second photo shows a fair it of detail and a lot of colour information, stacking should improve them dramatically. There does appear to be a little elongation of the stars so watch out for your polar alignment or exposure length, are you considering guiding at any time? as this will improve this. Altogether an excellent effort on a tricky subject, it's often difficult to capture GC's without burning out the core, something you have achieved with excellent results. I am looking forward to your future pics.

Steve..

For a 2nd attempt or any other number I think the definition and colour is quite exceptional. :lol: Is that line at the top of the image the result of stacking?

Shame you forgot to lower the washing line for the first one. :grin:

Hope you don't object to others mucking with your images but I just had to have a go at darkening the background,makes the cluster appear in a 'better light'.

Cheers

CW

Click as usual.

The streak across the first picture is either a satellite or a meteor, i didnt see it till after the image had shown on the display of my camara and there were no obstructions across the telescope so i have no clue what it is lol :grin:

thats awsome what you did to it i hadnt touched it is great ill have to learn about photoshop lol makes the picture awsom nice one mate

Archived