Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_2019_sp_banner.thumb.jpg.a0ff260c05b90dead5c594e9b4ee9fd0.jpg

Davey-T

Herstmonceaux 12th Festival of Astronomy

Herstmonceaux are now booking.

Been for the last couple of years and it's a very good weekend.

Not your "normal" star party and more expensive as lot's of stuff going on, including lectures by various astronomy experts and tours of the large observatory scopes.

Great for children.

Dave

http://www.the-observatory.org/

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Davey-T said:

Herstmonceaux are now booking.

Been for the last couple of years and it's a very good weekend.

Not your "normal" star party and more expensive as lot's of stuff going on, including lectures by various astronomy experts and tours of the large observatory scopes.

Great for children.

Dave

http://www.the-observatory.org/

I whole heartedly agree Dave, it's a great event. As long as people are aware that it's a festival celebrating astronomy and it's not a star party in the truest sense then I think they with enjoy themselves. I was there for the 9th (I think) and the lasers would have put a pink floyd concert to shame :D

• Like 1

Booked a camping pitch today for the festival. Looking forward once again to being there and soaking up the historical atmosphere. I'll be camping with my boy, the girls will likely stop in a B and B. This year the Friday falls on a school holiday so we can get there early and avoid the rush hour traffic, which can be a little bit tedious sometimes. I'll take the dob just in case there's a chance of a bit of observing, if not it will still be a great weekend anyway. 

Hope to see you there Phil had a look for you last year but no one was home :)

Dave

2 hours ago, Phil Fargaze said:

I wasn't able to get there last year so it will be good to get back this year. 

Probably why I couldn't find you then :grin:

I'm on 60

Dave

Yep, not long now. I think I'll dig out the camping gear tonight and start getting that together, then next week I'll get working on a target list. Most of my immediate family are going. My wife, daughter, sister and even my mum have got booked into B and B with Herstmonceaux Castle! I'll be interested to hear what they think of it.

"Luckily" I decided to go on a trip to my daughters recently and a front wheel bearing disintegrated on the camper van, took a week to get a new hub and it would have happened on the way to Hersty otherwise :eek:

Dave

• Like 1