Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

any good guides to take from start to finish with lrgb filters and processing

iwols

hi guys anyone know of the above been trying ages with allsorts of software inc trial maxim dl ,but cant get tha final colour image,also if anyone has got 4 images lrgb they know work ,wouild appreciate that so i can practice merging the 4,looking at getting a filter wheel but not until i get the processing sorted thanks

For combining the different filters, the first thing you have to do is make sure all your various filters are orientated the same especially if they are taken on different nights, different locations.  For this Registar is worth it's weight in gold.  It will even work with re-sizing images taken with different scopes/cameras.

This tutorial is very simple for combining the stacked and registered filters:

http://www.eprisephoto.com/create-lrgb

I'd be happy to load some data into Dropbox if you want some to practice on.

Carole 

25 minutes ago, carastro said:

For combining the different filters, the first thing you have to do is make sure all your various filters are orientated the same especially if they are taken on different nights, different locations.  For this Registar is worth it's weight in gold.  It will even work with re-sizing images taken with different scopes/cameras.

This tutorial is very simple for combining the stacked and registered filters:

http://www.eprisephoto.com/create-lrgb

I'd be happy to load some data into Dropbox if you want some to practice on.

Carole 

that would be great thanks,its so daunting to begin with

Archived