Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_dslr_mirrorlesss_winners.thumb.jpg.9deb4a8db27e7485a7bb99d98667c94e.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
661-pete

NGC253 (Haven't done any imaging this year....)

but I thought I might as well post up one of my faves from last year: the Sculptor Galaxy NGC253 done on 13 Oct last year, this is 20 x 3 minutes unguided prime focus with 350D on the Europa250, processing mostly in ImagesPlus.

ngc25313oct2007003rtr8.th.jpg

Any comments welcome. Well, I like this pic! I hope to get back to doing something later this year.

yah very nice image mate, looks like a little flying saucer

A very nice image - I hope you get some clear skies to do some more imaging soon. :grin:

Great shot Pete!! Was this taken from the UK? Its a hard target form here!!!

PC :grin:

Thanks. No, it was from France :oops: I've had all the kit in France most of the time these past three years. Not particularly difficult at 44oN, one of the toughest I tackled (not very successfully) was M83 at -30o (my avatar) which is well-nigh impossible in UK. I've also had a go at NGC7293 the Helix. I quite enjoy taking advantage of those extra six degrees!