SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Nabbed a lovely set of TeleVue's (& more) :)

Seraph_69

So I've not been on the forum for yonks now (apologies) - I've been extremely busy with work..but I'm remembering what's more important :)

Anyway, I'm feeling a bit pleased with myself right now, as I've been looking into upgrading my eyepiece collection (not much of a collection really, just the 20mm GSO 'super' plossl that came with my scope, and the cheapy (but not awful) 9mm Revelation Astro plossl that I grabbed from Astroboot - hello eyelashes!)...and I just managed to bag the following set of *new & unused* oculars (+ other goodies) for what I consider a steal (and quite the upgrade in views!!):

TeleVue 35mm Panoptic - 2"

TeleVue 22mm Nagler (Type 4) - 2"

TeleVue 17mm Nagler (Type 4) - 2"

TeleVue 13mm Nagler (Type 6) - 1.25"

TeleVue 9mm Nagler (Type 6) - 1.25"

TeleVue 2.5x Powermate - 1.25"

TeleVue Click-stop Zoom  - 2"

Celestron 25mm E-Lux Plossl - 1.25"

Celestron Skyscout Personal Planetarium 93980

...all nicely packaged in a genuine PELI 1520 hard case :D

I paid a cool grand for the lot (or will be over the course of a few months...I'm not that rich!)

Not bad ey? Especially for someone who is technically still a beginner - don't think I'll be needing another eyepiece in...a very long time!!

I will of course take *EXTREME* care of these beautiful eyepieces when they arrive, and make anyone who wishes to look through them (including my gf) sign some sort of agreement not to leave a single trace of contamininent on them!! :D:D

Did I get a good deal? 

Any particular advice/quirks with any of them?

Well done. I would of said that was a reasonable price, based on 2nd hand values. Not a steal, but you have not paid over the odds, and as you have said, you should not need an EP in a while. I hope you have many hours of enjoyable viewing.

It's a good collection of eyepieces for a fair price. Congratulations.

The T6 Naglers are par focal with the plossl. The T4 Naglers and the 35mm Panoptic have different focal plane positions.

The Tele Vue click stop zoom is not really in the same class as the Naglers and Panoptics. I believe it's a 1.25" eyepiece as well, rather than 2".

14 hours ago, John said:

It's a good collection of eyepieces for a fair price. Congratulations.

The T6 Naglers are par focal with the plossl. The T4 Naglers and the 35mm Panoptic have different focal plane positions.

The Tele Vue click stop zoom is not really in the same class as the Naglers and Panoptics. I believe it's a 1.25" eyepiece as well, rather than 2".

Thanks John :)

And you are right, the click-zoom is indeed 1.25", but the heft of it up top made me think it was a 2" at first - see below (far left):

TeleVue Set eBay.JPG

Archived