Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_dslr_mirrorlesss_winners.thumb.jpg.9deb4a8db27e7485a7bb99d98667c94e.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
RobH

Complete high end rig for sale ( will split)

I'm selling up most of my astro kit....hasn't been used now since early 2015....first up is a top line and unique rig particularly suited to imaging galaxies and planetary nebulae.

AP1200 CP3 GTO equatorial mount with 3x18kg stainless steel CW's and all required cabling.  
AP now only make a smaller and a larger mount, but the 1200 is the perfect size for pretty big scopes while still remaining readily portable and has a payload capacity of 140lbs of scope. I have had no issues at all doing 1 hour exposures with this mount and still keeping perfectly round stars, all at a focal length of 2400mm. Basically, the only limiting factor to exposure lengths is cloud!
I also have an AP portable pier, and, once the obsy has been taken down, a steel very heavy duty pier, both with pier tops to fit the mount. The steel pier will be advertised separately as it'll be a while before I can get it out, but will be £300.

Custom 12 inch F8 Ritchey Chretein. 
The scope started life as a GSO solid tube. It was immediately then sent to Ian King and rebuilt as a truss scope, then had the focuser decoupled from the primary, the secondary modified so it can be collimated laterally as well as tip and tilt, a feathertouch focuser added, and finally 1300 euros worth of completely new 18 point mirror cell built, collimatable to micrometer resolutions.......in other words, everything a GSO scope needs doing to take advantage of the great optics and turn it into a killer scope. 
On the photos you can see a homemade dew heater that I have put on the secondary. This is included too. Any other bits and pieces I find that are specific to the scope will be part of the package.
It is also equipped with robofocus, which I will add for an extra £150.
I also have a couple of Bahtinov masks which are included in the price, and also some extension tubes for the rear, which you use depending on what F ratio you use the scope at.
If one was to buy, for example, a teleskop service 12 inch truss RC and bring it up to this standard, it would cost £5000.
I am also selling an Astrophysics CCD67 focal reducer, which brings the scope down to F5.3, with an image scale of 1.14 arc seconds per pixel on an Atik 460 binned 2x2, meaning you end up with a very fast system with no sacrifice in resolution from UK skies. I will send copies of images taken with the scope on request.

Prices.
AP1200.    £6000
12 inch Ritchey Chretein. £3750
AP CCD67.      £120
AP portable pier.  £350
Robofocus system. £150

Price for whole package inc all cabling, usb autoguide adapter etc. £9750. I'm happy to split.
Until the mount and scope are sold, I will hold onto the reducer and robofocus.
I am of course open to sensible offers and will deliver up to 200 miles from Weymouth, dorset at no extra cost.
Bank transfer only please.

Cheers
Rob

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg