Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

NGC 7023 and M13

SteveNickolls

Here are two objects imaged with my SkyWatcher Startravel 102mm refractor, Synscan alt-az mount and Canon 600D DSLR. The first is the Iris Nebula which involved taking x100 thirty second light exposures at ISO 1600 and stacking in DSS together with x50 dark frames and x50 bias frames. The resulting master image was processed in StarTools. The frames were taken on the 7th March 2016.

NGC 7023

NGC 7023.jpg

And next M13 from x25 fifty second exposures at ISO 1600, x50 dark frames, x50 flat frames and x50 bias frames. Again stacking was carried out in DSS and further processing in StarTools. The frames were taken on the 5th April this year.

M13

M13SGL.jpg

Hope you like them.

Cheers,
Steve

29 minutes ago, Dave Lloyd said:

I like them, very much. I'll be trying to reproduce your settings with my ST102.

Thanks very much Dave and laudropb. If possible try imaging the Iris nebula with 50 second exposures, it would be great if you can tease the dark out of the background.

Cheers,

Steve

Archived