Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

SGLXII Star Party - Dates

Steve

29 minutes ago, Ally8446 said:

Will definitely be attending.  Had a fantastic time in March and met some cracking people.  See you all in October. 

See you there Ally, will you be in the same spot ?

Dave

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess that no matter what dates we chose, someone would miss out. As the moon is a big factor, it's either a mth earlier and people won't be happy with the light evenings or a month later when its getting damn cold for camping.

@Owmuchmoney - we are at the end of half term, so hopefully most of the kids will have gone back by then :)

@Jonk - no. We'll publish a link to FLO where pitches and food tickets can be purchased. We're just doing some of the last minute things, then the link will be advertised (hopefully a couple of weeks)

2 hours ago, Davey-T said:

See you there Ally, will you be in the same spot ?

Dave

Hi Dave. Probably not as it looks like we'll have to tent it this time round unless we find someone to borrow a caravan from  but will certainly look you up. 

Ally

Hi Scott,

Nice quote.... "it's either a mth earlier and people won't be happy with the light evenings or a month later when its getting damn cold for camping."

We have the Galloway Star Party in November and February and we camp 300 miles further North and nobody complaints about the cold. Usually the colder the night the better the viewing.

I have a difficulty this year as I have a choice as both parties are on at the same time, between Lucksall with semi-dark skies or Galloway with proper dark skies, even though Galloway is 270 miles further from home, I am thinking it may be Galloway.

Cheers

Adrian

I should be able to come along to this :D

I should (hopefully) have my Odroid automated setup with autofocusers :)

On the picture - change the laptop to the crate of 1664.. "Are you sure?" "I think so.." "Look I can see 5%" "You're kidding me - not the 5.5%" "Been robbed mate." :D

On 22/04/2016 at 15:23, Scott said:

I guess that no matter what dates we chose, someone would miss out. As the moon is a big factor, it's either a mth earlier and people won't be happy with the light evenings or a month later when its getting damn cold for camping.

thats not cold scott, wait untill you come to elan, now thats cold :happy10:

10 minutes ago, Physopto said:

Not fair Damian, Galloway is all light and sunshine and beautiful dark skies at night.

Need to keep up our spirits   :icon_flower:

Agreed Derek,

I did mean the sky is so crysral clear and dark the temperature plummets at night so you need to be prepared.

Archived