SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

GPCAM debayering

I recently took some subs of M51 with my colour GPCAM. I took them in raw12 mode in Sharpcap. When I loaded them into DSS and stacked them the resulting image was black and white but the Galaxy was visible. I've been informed that the fits files need debayering which DSS can do, but when I use this option the Galaxy isn't visible, even with some processing. Does anyone know what the correct debayering options for this cam would be?

It should be the same for any camera with an AR0130C sensor, so you may be able to find out what the ASI120MC uses (I have this information somewhere, but I can't find it at the moment).  Alternatively there are only four options and at least two of the wrong ones will probably look hideously bad.

James

Well, I've just dropped a lens into my ASI120MC so I can get an image and played with the settings in oaCapture.  That suggests that the actual Bayer pattern is "GR" or "GRBG".

Generally the green photosites are arranged in a checkerboard pattern, so whilst some people say the pattern (of the first 2x2 block of pixels at the top left of the image, read top-left, top-right, bottom-left, bottom-right) is "GRBG", it's usually sufficient to know that the first two pixels on the first row are "GR" to infer that the first two on the second row will be "BG", so the two are equivalent.

James

Archived