sgl_imaging_challenge_2021_2.thumb.jpg.72789c04780d7659f5b63ea05534a956.jpg

Thought I'd post this here as it may help others with AP900 mounts and Polemaster

i made my own adapter to screw into the Polarscope peek hole in the Dec axis casting (my first proper piece of work since getting a lathe - a purchase driven from my astronomy habit and never seeming to have the right adapter despite having two boxes of various adapters!).

only used PoleMaster once so far, velcroed and tie strapped to my mount, but it worked great, and this adapter should improve the mounting somewhat!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Hi & thank you.

No, I wasn't planning on making/selling these, just knocked one up for my own use, thought I'd post here to give others ideas on how I went about mounting the PM on my AP mount.

I machined out the base that screws into the mount thinking that I would still be able to use the Polar scope without removing the adapter, by just removing the PM. The reality is that I've not looked through the polar scope since getting PM, & I can't see I've ever going to need to now. With that knowledge, I would not have machined out the base, but I would have drilled & taped a 3/8 hole, so I could have unscrewed the adapter from the AP & screwed onto an Astrotrack or something similar.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now