Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M101 / M13 - Return of the 130pds

Uranium235

With not much going on in the way of nebulas I thought I would fire up the old 130pds for a quick blast. Ive made a couple of alterations, its been flocked (which does deliver better results) and Ive taken a little gamble on a dovetail T2-2" adaptor that has an M48 thread scopeside (so I can mount the coma corrector internally). So far it seems ok, but it shows that I havent used it for a while as a bit of coma crept in.

Ive since tweaked the spacing, and hope to test it again tonight (fingers crossed!) :)

M13: 7x600s (L) 1x1bin

M101: 12x600s (L) 2x2bin

Thanks for looking! :)

26392564622_d564c72db7_h.jpg

25881983393_b1d6158d79_h.jpg

Really tempting to get another reflector for imaging seeing these - is that a bunch of elliptical galaxies in the M101 pictures as well (lower right/one left)? Outstanding work :-)

David

6 hours ago, David_L said:

Really tempting to get another reflector for imaging seeing these - is that a bunch of elliptical galaxies in the M101 pictures as well (lower right/one left)? Outstanding work :-)

David

Yep, there are a few other fuzzies knocking about in the M101 image. Perhaps later tonight I can get round to adding some annotations.

Archived