Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Stellarium or similar for Windows XP?

I still have a Windows XP pc I share with the kid and use quite a bit.  I have Stellarium on my Windows 7 laptop and love it.  The newest version doesn't run on my XP though.

Does anyone know what older version is the last to run on XP?  If none are still out there, any suggestions for alternates? 

Lets keep this 11 year old pc relevant!

10 hours ago, MarkVIIIMarc said:

I still have a Windows XP pc I share with the kid and use quite a bit.  I have Stellarium on my Windows 7 laptop and love it.  The newest version doesn't run on my XP though.

Does anyone know what older version is the last to run on XP?

Stellarium versions going back to 2004 are still available on the stellarium site.

On the Home Page look for "All releases" in the right-hand column under "Collaborate" (just above the "bzr" section )

Sorry I do not know which of them was the latest/bestest for XP , browsing through them should keep you busy one rainy day :):)  By the way, be careful downloading from CNET, I dont know f they still do but once upon a time they bundled all sorts of rubbish with the downloads/installers and if one 'accepted', ie. did not decline every option, all sorts of stuff would get installed all over your computer :(

Here is a direct link to the Windows 32bit section :- https://sourceforge.net/projects/stellarium/files/Stellarium-win32/

hth.

• 2 years later...

FWIW - I have an old version of Stellarium that I run on an Apple iBook G4 (PPC not intel). It is a bit dated, (Stellarium that is, but then, so is the iBook), but it does what I want it to do. It is 0.90.x ...now that is old. I also run Celestia 1.6.x on it too. 

:hiding:

I found that the Stellarium 32 bit version 0.16 would not work on my old Dell D430 laptop. I uninstalled it completely and installed the 32 bit version 0.12.8. That looks like it's working and I set up the telescope control, but have not given it a real outdoors test yet. I did not fiddle with any settings so I assume that the default and the hardware match.  I note that the download was a lot smaller than the 0.16 download.

Archived