Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_lunar_landings.thumb.jpg.b50378d0845690d8a03305a49923eb40.jpg

cdh79

there will be clouds

Hello everybody!

My name is Chris and I bring clouds to everyone that's close to me!

Not that the Netherlands are known to have such great weather otherwise (I still don't quite know why I decided to move here years ago.. especially as we had such nice dark skies in Austria), I think I ruined it for everybody for this year.

It started out with an AZ EQ6-GT, a new guide scope and a QHY5L-II.. and there's also a WO Star 71 on order.  As the current version has been discontinued, I have been informed that the new version had been ordered and should arrive..  a few days ago. hm!

While the arrival of the scope is still pending, the arrival of the clouds was just in time. At least something that you can depend on!

At the time of ordering we had 5 crystal clear nights in a row (and my Dobsonian is in another country) and of course this changed the day the first packet arrived.

Fortunately since then I was able to set up the mount with only the guidescope three times (within 2 weeks.. not so bad) to do some polar alignment tests (the Polemaster is quite easy to work with) and checking the PHD graphs (not too happy here, but I still have to figure out what's going on.. blame it on the mount? on the Polemaster? on the neighbors cat? on me?).

Anyways.. once there is a bit of hope that the clouds will clear, I will ruin it again by getting a new CCD (thinking of an Atik), so I promise plenty of bad weather ahead.

Sorry ;)

Edited by cdh79

Hi Chris,

Welcome to the SGL.  No need to apologise, I mucked it up for everyone by getting a new NEQ6 some weeks ago :icon_biggrin:

John

thanks a lot :)

i'll try to time my next acquisitions to be around full moon.. i promise ;)

Greetings, Chris, and welcome to SGL - it's nice of you to join us! Still sunny here, but that just means we'll have a plague of locusts tonight.....

Clear <koff!> skies,

Dave

Hi Chris and welcome to SGL - Glad that you found us and hope that you enjoy your time here.

Look forward to seeing you around :)

hello Chris and welcome to SGL. Thanks for arranging Clouds, as if we don't have enough in the UK as a near neighbor your adding to our problems (lol)

Best wishes for the future and good luck with the new scope.

Hello Chris, welcome to SGL! You think you are unlucky with clouds?? Try to live in Scotland for a while... ☔️☁️ :-) 

Edited by Swisscheese

Hi Chis,

I'm a new member as of tonight. So welcome to the site! Looks like a great place!!

Edited by gunfighter48