Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

there will be clouds

cdh79

Hello everybody!

My name is Chris and I bring clouds to everyone that's close to me!

Not that the Netherlands are known to have such great weather otherwise (I still don't quite know why I decided to move here years ago.. especially as we had such nice dark skies in Austria), I think I ruined it for everybody for this year.

It started out with an AZ EQ6-GT, a new guide scope and a QHY5L-II.. and there's also a WO Star 71 on order.  As the current version has been discontinued, I have been informed that the new version had been ordered and should arrive..  a few days ago. hm!

While the arrival of the scope is still pending, the arrival of the clouds was just in time. At least something that you can depend on!

At the time of ordering we had 5 crystal clear nights in a row (and my Dobsonian is in another country) and of course this changed the day the first packet arrived.

Fortunately since then I was able to set up the mount with only the guidescope three times (within 2 weeks.. not so bad) to do some polar alignment tests (the Polemaster is quite easy to work with) and checking the PHD graphs (not too happy here, but I still have to figure out what's going on.. blame it on the mount? on the Polemaster? on the neighbors cat? on me?).

Anyways.. once there is a bit of hope that the clouds will clear, I will ruin it again by getting a new CCD (thinking of an Atik), so I promise plenty of bad weather ahead.

Sorry ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived