Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Which Diagonal

I've owned the Revelation one in the push-fit style for refractors and it's pretty good. I eventually upgraded to Tele Vue Everbrights but aside from the build quality the optical improvements were virtually none as far as I can see.

I suspect the Celestron is the same or very similar to the William Optics ones and a number of other brandings which are again very competant units.

John's right - I have the Celestron XLT one and the WO dielectric one and there's nothing to choose between them visually. I don't know if there's any difference photographically.... I didn't try the Revelation diagonal - but generally when I have compared Revelation/Celestron equipment (eyepieces, binocs, etc) they're so close I'd wager they're the same thing rebadged.

8 hours ago, brantuk said:

John's right - I have the Celestron XLT one and the WO dielectric one and there's nothing to choose between them visually. I don't know if there's any difference photographically.... I didn't try the Revelation diagonal - but generally when I have compared Revelation/Celestron equipment (eyepieces, binocs, etc) they're so close I'd wager they're the same thing rebadged.

What reputation have these companies got for the diagonals?

http://www.rothervalleyoptics.co.uk/altair-astro-lightwave-2-dielectric-diagonal-sct-fit.html

http://www.rothervalleyoptics.co.uk/antares-2-99-dielectric-twist-lock-mirror-diagonals.html

The only Antares item I have is a fairly decent 1.6x barlow. I do also have an Altair 115edt frac with a very good 2" dielectric diagonal. Altair have always been very good servicing my requirements - sometimes going above the call of duty - Nick and Ian are decent chaps in my personal experience Pete. :)

Archived