Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

Floater

An eye on 2529

Horrible day here today and have had to resort to watching 'the monster' on Gong.

So maybe I'm going a bit funny in the head, b-u-ut -  believing that all amateur astronomers must have a good imagination, and knowing that some solar observers have a great ability to describe the 'mind pictures' they see, it looks like Cyclops now, With a heart-shaped eye.

Whadja think?

?

• Like 1

Well yes, I think you are going funny in the head - only joking!  :happy11: .  Yesterday I thought it looked like the ace of spades, this afternoon it had changed into a hippo trying to swallow a beach ball :glasses9:  

Thanks, Paul. With a reply like that I see I'm not alone in being funny in the head! ??

Keep having fun.

6 minutes ago, bunnygod1 said:

Looks like a few interesting proms developing as well on the Eastern and the Western limbs.

Yes, noticed those earlier this morning, Pete. Good to see - although clouded out now. ?

I think you have been gazing too long at the Sun and for therapy I recommend a few days in the Glasgow area where the Sun seldom appears. I still have not managed even a glimpse of this fabulous AR.

• Like 2

Only managed one view so far this week.  That was out of the mobile obsy (car boot) yesterday morning, just off a public bridleway as the sun rose in the mist.

2 hours ago, laudropb said:

I think you have been gazing too long at the Sun and for therapy I recommend a few days in the Glasgow area where the Sun seldom appears. I still have not managed even a glimpse of this fabulous AR.

Sun might come out this weekend! just in time for when I'm away! #depressing :-)

6 hours ago, laudropb said:

I've seen the weather charts.

It will be of no consolation at all, but I do know how you feel.

Brighter days coming. :glasses1: