Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Attaching camera to SW130PDS

Hi everyone.

This may be a very basic question but is something I cannot seem to find out about anywhere.
After going through my kit list again tonight and costings I came across something that has me stumped.
I understand I need a T mount adaptor for my camera (Fuji XT1) which I have found HERE.
The scope I am looking at is either the SW130PDS or the SW150PDS which requires a coma corrector.

How do I go about attaching the coma corrector and T mount together and then into the focuser?
When looking on the FLO website they say about an M48 adaptor but they only seem to do them for Canon and Nikon?

Is there an additional adaptor that I need that I have not seen or am I missing something?

Thanks in advance

Mark

I sent the fantastic FLO a message regarding this and received a reply.
It turns out that I am not going to be able to use the SW coma corrector due to there not being an M48 adaptor for my camera and they have recommended that I use the Baader Mark III MPCC instead.

Has anyone had any experience of using this CC instead of the standard SW CC?
I understand that I will not get the focal reduction but just wondered how it compared?

So what FLO has told you isn't quite true they don't sell a Fuji - M48 adapter, you have found a Fuji - T2 - if you look closely the T2 is an insert ring into the Fuji mount - here is my Micro 4/3 - T2 taken apart....

So you just need an M48 ring for the Fuji - T2 instead of the T2 ring, although the focuser takes T2 so the Baader would be easier because otherwise you'll need like Fuji - M48 - SW CC - M48 - T2, or you could have Fuji - T2 - Baader CC - T2

Teleskop-Express have the adapters for whichever method you choose.

Actually FLO sell the adapter ring you need anyway looking at it...

https://www.firstlightoptics.com/adapters/baader-m48-spacer-for-mpcc-iii-coma-corrector.html

You just put that ring in the camera mount rather than the T2 then you can fit the SW coma corrector.

20160415_111728.jpg

8 hours ago, happy-kat said:

Link

I haven't any experience but there were quite a few threads mentioning the baader and the link above said good things on the mk III

Thanks for the reply, That is a very interesting thread an actually answers another question I had

7 hours ago, John78 said:

So what FLO has told you isn't quite true they don't sell a Fuji - M48 adapter, you have found a Fuji - T2 - if you look closely the T2 is an insert ring into the Fuji mount - here is my Micro 4/3 - T2 taken apart....

So you just need an M48 ring for the Fuji - T2 instead of the T2 ring, although the focuser takes T2 so the Baader would be easier because otherwise you'll need like Fuji - M48 - SW CC - M48 - T2, or you could have Fuji - T2 - Baader CC - T2

Teleskop-Express have the adapters for whichever method you choose.

Actually FLO sell the adapter ring you need anyway looking at it...

https://www.firstlightoptics.com/adapters/baader-m48-spacer-for-mpcc-iii-coma-corrector.html

You just put that ring in the camera mount rather than the T2 then you can fit the SW coma corrector.

20160415_111728.jpg

Thanks for the information and the photo.

I may well end up going with the Baader as it should also stop me from getting an issue with D shaped stars.
The issue with the SW CC I was told was the spacing but from what you have said the way that ring works that should solve that issue.

Archived