Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_30_second_exp_2_winners.thumb.jpg.b5430b40547c40d344fd4493776ab99f.jpg

Phil-lost!

single shot of the sun

I took a load of jpegs of the sun on sunday with the aim of stacking them in registax but it keeps freezing at 73% aligned. I've only ever had a few quick goes in the past so don't really know what I'm doing. Is this a common problem or is there something basic I'm missing? This is a single sub processed because I was bored. :smiley:

Sun 10-4-16

• Like 7

You'll get better results if you make short videos of around 3000 frames and stack the best 10/20% of them. 

Still a nice image for a jpeg 

great shot mate, did you have any thin cloud in your subs? cos it can make regi do a wobbler. charl.

Thanks for the help i'll give it another go, I think some frames have thin cloud so i'll throw them out.