Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

tracking problems with my telescope

so i own an 8se and i have been trying to set up the tracking recently, auto 2 star, but when i try to slew to the other star it doesn't stop slewing in a direction and the alignment becomes impossible, i have done the alignment before successfully, on the same flat surface outside but it just doesn't stop slewing and i actually cant get it to track an object to take an image. i really don't know what is happening and i have done it before. thx in advance

I had the same thing with my Meade LX90 8". I solved it with a complete reset, motor train & calibration process. it took 6 minutes and all is well. Good luck, let us know how that works for you.

P.S. If you use a wedge, don't forget to set for EQ/Polar before use. It may reset to ALT/AZ.

If you are using on-board replaceable batteries then I would suggest they won't last long and you may find it better to get a 12V PSU or field battery pack. Leisure batteries from caravans and RV's are also suitable. You need something that will maintain 12V for the duration of your typical session, and in cooler weather too. :) 

Hello Keiwein. Yes you just replace the batteries, but as Brantuk says, it's better to power the telescope from a leisure battery or transformed mains if possible. Batteries do not last long and when they run down they give the problems that you describe.

Archived