Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_solar_25_winners.thumb.jpg.fe4e711c64054f3c9486c752d0bcd6f2.jpg

xtreemchaos

sol 10-4-16 10.00am

Well Charl, you did a lot better than me yesterday!

This is what happened when I tried to get a set of subs (experimenting with a green filter):

Fading_Sun.jpg

I tried stacking some, definitely nowhere near as good as yours, too much haze for a start:

IMG_1269_pipp_g6_ap95.jpg

• Like 1

thanks Neil, still a nice pic mate, darn spitefull clouds ive had them all day today.clear skys  charl.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By xtreemchaos
      NO 50 this year. smash n grab thismorrning , 42 frames took in a few small gaps, on the upside the seeing looks to be better today,. I'm still trying to get some HA but I havnt seen any gaps for a while.
      kit 120mm f5 frac, lunt solar wedge, 1.5x barlow, 1200d in mono and 1:1 crop mode.
       thanks for looking, clear skys, charl.
      mono.

coloured.

coloured invert.

• By xtreemchaos
      single frame smash n grab and run for me life, just to show I'm paying attention.
      kit ed80, lunt wedge, 1.5x barlow, 1200d, big cloud filter.
      hope you all have better skys than me, on the plus side the seeing looks quite good throught the thin cloud,
      thanks for looking. charl.
      mono

coloured

cloudy invert.

• By xtreemchaos
      no 44 of the year I'm 12 behind last year.  qwick 17 frames shot through relentless cloud just to show I'm still paying attention. I havnt given up yet so will update if I get better but it don't look promising.
      one small spot on show but there are 4 small pores trailing off towards the oncoming limb which I havnt picked up with the camera but could see in the vis.
      same old kit. thanks for looking and I hope you have better skys than me.   charl.
      mono

coloured

invert

• By xtreemchaos
      so much for clear skys, very cloudy here thismorrning, manage to get a few shots in the gaps, AR2650 is quite small but I'm glad to have something to focus on.
      kit 120mm f5 frac, 1.5x barlow, lunt wedge, 1200d, 68 frames staxed with regi. ive got a bit of HA data will post soon if I can get it to stax.
      thanks for lokking. clear skys,  charl.
      mono.

coloured.

• By xtreemchaos
      bye bye 2645 is been great having ya , pop in anytime. seeing is so so thismorning, bit fazy.
      Kit 120mm f5 frac, lunt wedge, 1,5x barlow, 1200d in mono, 53 frames staxed with regi. ive a bit of HA to process too.
      thanks for looking, clear skys ,charl.
      mono.

coloured.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.