SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Skywatcher Heritage 130p. Eyepiece for close Moon viewing?

2 hours ago, malnuman said:

a BIG thanks for all the very helpful advice and opinions,  there is a lot to wade through,  I have been reading and re reading the replies and pricing up  all the various the eyepieces,    there is a few weeks till payday so will take my time and try and figure out what is best, .. most frustrating part is I still have not been able to use my scope :(  been nowt but raining and cloudy here past few nights..

Yes, 2016 in the UK has been bad for astronomy in my eyes, and I've been saying that 2014 and 2015 were bad enough, with clear nights seemingly occurring around Full Moon month after month up here in Scotland. Last March (2015) was good, there were four clear nights in a row, and I got out with the Heritage on three of them!

As you can see from my signature, I have three BST eyepieces for the Heritage. And I got a ES 68º Maxvision 24mm and 16mm which work well (even with the 24mm's weight!), although you would now have to get the 24mm second hand, as they are no longer available.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived