Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Just looking at my scope and trying to figure out a guiding solution, I have and equinox ed 80 so quite small plus a telrad on it. So I was looking at a (side by side saddle?)  which would solve a lot of problems as the ed 80 would be on one end and the guide scope  on the other. But how do I go about using home then on the heq mount? as at home the puck is pointing up down but with the saddle on I would want the puck running left right as home. Could I just change home position to that?

4 hours ago, brrttpaul said:

Just looking at my scope and trying to figure out a guiding solution, I have and equinox ed 80 so quite small plus a telrad on it. So I was looking at a (side by side saddle?)  which would solve a lot of problems as the ed 80 would be on one end and the guide scope  on the other. But how do I go about using home then on the heq mount? as at home the puck is pointing up down but with the saddle on I would want the puck running left right as home. Could I just change home position to that?

The handset will always assume that the mount is starting from the home position, unless a custom home position has been defined. So even if you have a dual scope mounting bar attached and the telescope is pointing at the NCP the handset will still use this as the home position. The only thing that matters is the telescope pointing to the NCP. 

3 hours ago, wuthton said:

Loosen the puck and twist it 90o

The puck doesn't need to be loosened and reattached at 90 degrees.

Archived