Narrowband

Here's a few pics from my recent hols to tenerife. I wanted to get a lot more but after about an hour loads of coaches started turning up to see the night sky, which I can highly recommend to anyone visiting the island.

orion from miradorstars over teide

stars + volcano

Lovely shots! I've been to Tenerife more times than I can remember or count but still never been into the caldera at night. 

We should have been there right now but various things conspired against us. This will be the first year in ages that we didn't get there in spring :( 

It really was amazing, its just a shame the observatory only does tours during the day. We had to be at the observatory gates at 11:40 for the tour at 12:00 and then drove back the next night to see the stars, if the tour started later in the afternoon it wouldn't be too long to wait for the sun to go down. 

Archived