Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Galloway 2017 Spring Gathering

Hello All,here`s a really early  date  for your your diary for the Galloway Spring Gathering 2017.

It is to take place during  Wednesday 22nd February thro` Monday  27th February 2017,the venue is our usual campsite http://www.drumroamin.co.uk/ run by Lesley and RalphShell,an appropriate venue for Scotland`s premier Star Camp.

Details will follow in due course.

Regards

Mike

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bloomin' heck Mike,

You're a bit early with this one. Are the lack of clear nights doin' your heed in? Don't start giving me scare stories, like you did about Autumn 2016, that there are very few places left.

I will certainly put this in my 2017 diary, even though I haven't even got one yet:headbang:

Hi Ian,just being efficient,and i`ve got not to bad a sky at the mo ,well that`s my story and i`m sticking to it!

It`s just so Kielder can get their date`s in,and you know it will come around in a hurry.

Hope your keeping well?

Regards

Mike

Calvin,the Dob mob are more than welcome to drag themselves even further than up t`north. A long haul but well worth the effort.

I look forward to your bookings,if you check back events you will get a taste of what`s on offer.

Regards

Mike

Hi,

Is this the same Dob Mob that enhances the SGL star parties?

If so, those Dobs will be great in the dark clear skies that visit the Galloway SP, those little weak smudges from Hereford becomes proper DSOs........

I have told numerous people at SGL that the Galloway skies are unbelievable and that the atmosphere is great, there are whiskey tasting sessions on the cloud filled nights, shared meals and friendly folk make the trip from down south well worthwhile.

Have to mention that you also learn to understand the "Scottish" language.:icon_biggrin:

If you cannot wait till February 2017, try the November 2016 party.......!!!!!!!

Cheers

Adrian

• 3 months later...
52 minutes ago, Adrian Condon said:

Hi Mike,

just noticed the following story on the BBC website

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-south-scotland-36763277

Good to see the local distillery in Wigton will be starting production again in the Spring of 2017.

All good star parties need a good supply of whiskey.

Cheers

Adrian

Have you ever tasted Bladnoch ? I have, never again.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
5 minutes ago, DeepSkyBagger said:

Well, I've booked! According to Lesley, currently there'll be only me there! I'll be there from Thursday 23rd to Monday 28th.

Keep meaning to get booked in, will sort it out when I get there for the Autumn one 

Archived