Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Dave Mahoney RIP

It is with immense regret and sorrow that I announce that one of our members has passed away.

He died, last Friday, of a heart attack.

Dave Mahoney was a fairly new member to SGL, but was active in astronomy both on the boards here and on UKAI. He was responsible for giving many people a good start in astronomy with his Scrapyard idea.

I knew him a little and will miss his input and knowledge.

Not really sure what else to say.

My thoughts are with his family.

Ant

Quite a shock to everyone :grin: And after all the sh_t he has put up with over the last year or so with his health, and he got that all sorted, was on the mend, never moaned, never grumbled... then this :lol:

I didn't know Dave but as a fellow astronomer he will be missed, my deepest condolences to his family as I know they will be hurting deeply.

RIP Dave may you be where the Sky's are clear and dark.

Dave, as some of you know was a real shining light in the UKAI forum, and as people have said, whilst a new guy here, would undoubtedly have brightened up the lives of anyone who met him. I saw him just before he went in to hospital, the last time, and he was still so upbeat, it was amazing. He donated (courtesy of some kindness from forum members) a scope, just a small Tasco, but a full scope, books and eyepieces, to me, which I passed on to a 9 year old lad who lives nearby (his nan is a friend and neighbour), and the look of joy on that kids face was amazing. His nan tells me that he plays with it more than his PS3 or Wii console, and always asks when I am out in the garden with my scopes, if he can have a look at the sun.

I miss him already, I think we all, who knew him do...he was just such a nice guy..

Say hi to Blackbeard if you're watching mate.. I am sure he'd love your tales in (sort of) his name.

Youtube lost one of it's most valued users too..

Archived