Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

anything around birmingham or the black country?

Sorry you couldn't make it this afternoon mate, but with this awful weather anyhow, maybe it was for the best.

I don't think I have seen one weather forcast all week that has been right.

Anyhow, just gonna play around and maybe try an' upload some images of me kit and maybe some pics of previous Kelling Heath meets.

I'll let you know what an' where soon.

Rigel1

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At last. Finally put my first pics up for viewing. (Members Equip. Gal.). Took ages what with having to register first with ukastronomers and having to sort some piccies out. But it was worth it.

Go check 'em out.

:hello2:

Rigel1

No sorry, did my schooling the other side of Birmingham. Moved this way back in '86. But now into astronomy, am considering moving again to better parts of the country where the skies are a little more giving. If any exist that is. LOL.

No sorry, did my schooling the other side of Birmingham. Moved this way back in '86. But now into astronomy, am considering moving again to better parts of the country where the skies are a little more giving. If any exist that is. LOL.

How about a crofters cottage on the Isle of Mull, it don't get much darker than that place, in the UK. lol.

Geoff

All the best for 2morrow then Gurney.

Not forgetting it was yourself that started this thread, It would be great if one day, all of us could meet up and hopefully start something like you/we have in mind. A local friendly pool of people would be great to share observing sessions and knowledge between us.

Rigel1

Oh absolutely!

As I said though - saturdays are tough for me as it's my only day off with the family (contrary to popular belief, us vicars work sundays PLUS 5 other days in the week). I just have one of those jobs which sees me setting up and running all manner of different things during the week for others to be committed to, and when it comes to a little time for myself ... well, it's hard to come by! I wasn't really seriously suggesting starting another club to be honest, more interested in what's going on and where so I can choose to go along at such times as I find myself able to get along.

That said, I would genuinely love to meet up with local folk. But I don't want you to misunderstand my intentions or how hopelessly uncommitted I have to remain.

Totally understand. Trying to organise an observing session with a local group of bods at the moment with the weather the way it is as well, is more challenging than trying to book a weeks holiday in this country with gauranteed sunshine. :hello2::clouds1:

When the weather does improve however, then the opportunity for a meet and see will improve too.

Watch this space.

Rigel1

Archived