SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

anything around birmingham or the black country?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There is a good pub in Langley I used to use with a Diving club a while ago that had a good room for private functions Etc. I could enquire further to its availability if this is any good too anyone. Or just a general meeting could be held there and see how that goes. Ill find out further details anyhow, but if anyone has any further suggestions let us know. If not, It's round mine for a burger and beer weather permitting.

:thumbup:

Rigel1

all sounds good to me!

just be aware that unfortunately my job sees me busy most evenings (church of england vicar - lots of meeting with people after work!).

But I'm game for meeting up when we can.

Perhaps we should form The Black Country Astronomical Society! :D

Although just joining up with Walsall sounds like a good plan too!

W.A.S. is too far away for me, and want to just stay local for now. It is where me kit is anyhow. I'm up for maybe some open sessions at mine but how about a meet first at a pub in Langley - THIS SATURDAY ?. Or is this too soon?

Right, Sorry Foo Fita for not being able to respond a little sooner, had to take the kids, The missus an' me mom to West Mids Safari Park for the day but the name of the pub is The Crosswell Arms. Seems like they've done it up a bit since I last went about 8 yrs or so but it should be a good pub.

Congrats to you and the missus Davekermito but sorry you and Gurney won't be able to attend. Maybe next week another meet could/should be held as well :thumbright: .

I think the idea for a Sat meet is that if the weather is going to be good for the evening, then an obsy night can be arranged???

Rigel1

:hello2:

Archived