Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M67. An AzEQ6 outing

MattJenko

After playing about with a 10" dob as an imaging rig, it was nice to set up using my new AzEQ6 mount with my tried and trusted ED80 tonight. Using a new finderguider rather than a guidescope, things looked very nice indeed on a lovely clear night in Essex. Even the bonfire down the street calmed down in time.

M67. An open cluster which I actually did a year ago as well, which I thought was decent enough at the time, but this version is a serious step up from that. Whata a lovely mount the AzEQ6 is!

AzEQ6, Skywatcher ED80, Atik 414ex. 12 x 2 mins RGB.

M67-L.jpg

Cracking image Matt, beautiful star colours. It looked very transparent last night in North Essex glad you made the most of it to use your lovely AZ-EQ6.  I had to settle for a brief glance at Jupiter through the bedroom window as I have been laid up with 'flu for the past 4 days. :( 

@Davey-T It went very milky in Essex too very soon after this, as I tried a galaxy image when this was done, but it didn't turn out good! Not helped by autofocusing routines struggling with galaxy cores!

@RobertI - Get better soon fella. If you are still sick next week, I will be back from a week away in Cornwall and will bring you some ice cream. Might do that whatever your condition though :)

20 hours ago, MattJenko said:

@Davey-T It went very milky in Essex too very soon after this, as I tried a galaxy image when this was done, but it didn't turn out good! Not helped by autofocusing routines struggling with galaxy cores!

@RobertI - Get better soon fella. If you are still sick next week, I will be back from a week away in Cornwall and will bring you some ice cream. Might do that whatever your condition though :)

Thanks Matt, Ice cream is what my sore throat is really craving at the moment! :)

Archived