Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Is my mirror Ruined?

I'm in constant fear of bat poo as my backyard observing location is between two big mango trees. Fortunately they didn't fruit this year so the bats have stayed away. Good luck cleaning the mirror. Bat droppings can be pretty tarry so a good soak is probably required.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fruit Bats or (flying fox's) general eat the insect's in the fruit although they have to eat the fruit to get to the insect's. So they will eat any fruit that has any insect lava ....peaches, apples, oranges, kiwifruit, Banana' s, etc. They even eat fruit we do not eat, like the little orange fruit under some palm tree's. I have washed my mirror as the instructed and every thing is back to normal...thanks for your helpful hint. I'll keep it in mind if the problem persist's.

I hated the mungrels when I was still in Oz. If I didn't put mesh over my tomatoes they would have one or two bites out of EVERY SINGLE FRUIT. If they ate one or two tomatoes I could live with that but I'm sure they did it on purpose :). funnily enough they left the peas, beans, rubarb alone. Never had one make a mess of a scope though :)

Archived