Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Replacement tripod for Nexstar 127slt goto

Steve72

HI, I've had my Nexstar 127slt for almost 3 years. I'm reasonably happy with the scope itself but as many others have reported the stock tripod is quite poor. Even with home fixes - tightened screws, lowing height, adding weight etc.mthe tripod still vibrates badly and the lowered height is uncomfortable to use.

Can anyone recommend a replacement tripod?

I had considered making a wooden tripod and found several designs online but am unconvinced by my diy skills.

Could any of the Berlebach wooden tripods be easily adapted (once the stock head is removed) to fit my scope?

Would the skywatchers EQ3 Goto mount and tripod be a significant (if at all) improvement to justify the £300 outlay?

Would  the skywatchers EQ5 Goto mount be overkill for my 5" scope. (£500+ is almost the price of skyliner 200/250p flex-tube Goto Dob and I'd be very tempted.?) so Is this scope worth spending much money on?

Any advice is appreciated,

Steve

Archived