Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

Ben Cartwright SASS

Hello from SE Massachusetts

I am new to this forum although not new to astronomy however I am starting to get more serious about it.

I live 300 feet from a large mall south of Boston but have found a way to beat light pollution!  Solar observing!

Rather than trying to get more light we are trying to get less light, sort of.

I have a Lunt LS50 with a double stack unit and do solar sketches.

20160327%20sun0001_zpssufdbga5.jpg

• Like 2

Hi Ben,I guess the Bee Gees song " The lights went out in Massachusetts " is no  good to you then.....Welcome.....Geoff

Hi and welcome! Don't have a solar scope, but with a Baader filter on my smaller 70mm 'frac I do the odd solar viewing to when I feel like it. Don't have to worry too much about LP with the old solar, just the cloud situation mainly! Same old thing I guess with night time astronomy too! ;) 

Hi and welcome to SGL - Glad that you found us and hope that you enjoy your time here.

Look forward to seeing you around :)

Hi Ben, welcome. I won't mention Bonanza...oops. I don't expect you hear it more than about a dozen times a day.

Welcome Ben.  I haven't done any decent solar stuff for a while.  I traveled over to France for the 1999 eclipse and set up a small telescope to project the sun's image onto a piece of white card.  People wouldn't believe me when I pointed out the sunspots and said it must be dust on the lens.  I rotated the telescope tube and the sunspots stayed where they were, of course. :icon_biggrin:

Hiya Ben - greetings & welcome to SGL, it's nice to have you aboard! Vermont here - used to live in Eastern MA, too.

Clear and Sunny skies -

Dave

Hi Ben and welcome to SGL, enjoy your Solar observing and the forum :)