Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hello from SE Massachusetts

Ben Cartwright SASS

I am new to this forum although not new to astronomy however I am starting to get more serious about it.

I live 300 feet from a large mall south of Boston but have found a way to beat light pollution!  Solar observing!

Rather than trying to get more light we are trying to get less light, sort of.

I have a Lunt LS50 with a double stack unit and do solar sketches.

20160327%20sun0001_zpssufdbga5.jpg

Hi and welcome! Don't have a solar scope, but with a Baader filter on my smaller 70mm 'frac I do the odd solar viewing to when I feel like it. Don't have to worry too much about LP with the old solar, just the cloud situation mainly! Same old thing I guess with night time astronomy too! ;) 

Welcome Ben.  I haven't done any decent solar stuff for a while.  I traveled over to France for the 1999 eclipse and set up a small telescope to project the sun's image onto a piece of white card.  People wouldn't believe me when I pointed out the sunspots and said it must be dust on the lens.  I rotated the telescope tube and the sunspots stayed where they were, of course. :icon_biggrin:

Archived