SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

M48 female adapter for Skywacther coma corrector

Hi all,

I'm trying to attached a CCD to my Skywatcher coma corrector.  Forgetting the spacing for the moment, I'm having a nightmare trying to source a sufficiently deep M48-T thread adapter to cover the threads on the coma corrector and wondered what others do?

The male M48 thread on the CC is around 6 mm, and ideally any adapter will need to reach the plate.  I realise this isn't essential as I can always tweak the spacing further upstream to achieve the required 55mm - but if a sufficiently deep M48 female to T-thread male adapter exists I'd like one!

Ta

cc.jpg

Have a look on Telescope.de they do all sorts of adaptors.

If all else fails look at PreciseParts in USA, but very expensive, very good quality.  I bought one part from them it was excellent, after that ordered another but they asked daft questions as they had not read my original email properly. Then after pointing that out they  would not answer any more emails. So be careful how you speak to them.

Derek

Archived