Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Sun 27-03-16, Proms and Sunspot

Bobby1970

My first proper attempt at capturing an image of the sun (or part of it) with my Lunt LS35 and Altair GPCam colour.

Took a video of a couple of minutes, Autostakkert, Registax, Lightroom.

I noticed when i was taking the video i had some dust spots in the frame so had to remove these with a tool in the photo app on my macbook.

I only cleaned the camera and barlow recently so wondered what is the best way to clean the optics of the  scope too?

Anyway, thanks for looking, any constructive comments would be most welcome. 

Sun 270316 AS RS LR.jpg

Sun 270316 AS RS LR inverted.jpg

Nicely caught Bobby and welcome to the 'light side'.  My ccds have a glass window so unless they have been apart all they need are a quick go with the blower now and again.  Flats or just let the image drift around a bit are the other way of dealing with dust.

Robin

I did also take a video clip where i had increased the gain of the camera significantly, this obviously lost all of the surface detail but seems to have shown the proms better?

Cropped a bit too. 

Thanks again for looking.

Sun Proms 270316 RS.jpg

Archived