Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Improving... I hope!!

It's been hard to find any clear times to get some decent captures in between the weather and work but last night (well, this morning) I had my chance. Focussed using zoom tips I got earlier from here (thanks folks), I haven't gone for a bahtinov mask yet as neither Dobby or Stacie have crayfords.

These pics were done with Dobby. The moon is stacked in Registax from a .mov converted to .avi using pipp. The image of Saturn (which doesn't do the ep view justice) was a single shot prime focus and turned out OK considering the wind was picking up!

As usual, comments welcome - especially on the stack as that is my first proper attempt at it! ?

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I am very impressed with your moon pic it has great detail.  

The only criticism I can make is the circumference of the moon does seem a little over exposed its all smooth and white.

I have tried using Registax but can't get the quality you have here don't know what I am doing wrong.

Thanks Dave. I don't know why the circumference is like that - maybe I overdid the wavelets. I have some single shots I took as well but haven't gone through those yet but it looks like I'm definitely getting the hang of it ?

Try the next moon shot without wavelets.  Instead, open in PS.  Duplicate the layer and then make it an overlay layer.  Then, with that layer selected, go to Filter -> Other -> High Pass

Set pixel size somewhere between 3-4 (sometimes more is needed).  You will see the affects on your image.  When done, merge the layers and call it good!   The high pass filter (used as an overlay) will often times bring out details better than wavelets.

Archived