Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

EOS Utility problem

I have just upgraded to a canon 600D and i want to use the Utility for timing my subs. It appears I cannot use mirror lock up, I was wondering if it mattered weather mirror lock up is used or is there a way of getting it to work. Thanks in advance.....Geoff

Yes there is a way what you need to do is set the Mirror lockup function on the camera and also put it into self timer mode (5 seconds I think to allow any vibrations to die down) what this then does it take the trigger signal from EOS utils or an intervalometer and run the cameras mirror lock up-delay-take shot routine.

Alan

Thanks Alan, I tried that and There was a message in red on the utility screen saying self timer is on with a question mark. I went back to one shot and that warning dissapeared but the timer was greyed out until I took it off mirror lock up. It appears this work around does not work on my 600D. Thanks for your help....Geoff

Hi. 1200D

I set live preview and B using the eos utility. It works with a hard wired intervalometer but I couldn't work out how to do it in the utility. The mirror is up to begin the shot but drops at the end of the exposure. It clunks up again to resume live view so so long as you leave enough interval before the next shot, it's as good as permanent mirror lock up. Gonna try it as I've been getting blipped stars since I started using Canon.

HTH

capt.JPG

Archived