Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Is there anyone else from Peterborough area?

Amyb

I posted a question without properly introducing myself the other day I was in a rush to find out what equipment people would recommend lol.  I'm Amy. Live in Peterborough (from Cheshire originally) is there anyone else from Peterborough/surrounding areas? :) 

Hi Amy, 

Welcome to SGL.  I know there is a Peterborough Astronomical Society and know a couple of people from it who I meet at Star parties.  Not sure who is from the area on SGL though.

Carole 

7 minutes ago, carastro said:

Hi Amy, 

Welcome to SGL.  I know there is a Peterborough Astronomical Society and know a couple of people from it who I meet at Star parties.  Not sure who is from the area on SGL though.

Carole 

Hi :) thanks. I know of the society, I'm keeping an eye out for the next outdoor gazing event date. So I can take my daughter with me too. 

9 hours ago, spaceman_spiff said:

Hi Amy,

Welcome to SGL! :happy72:

I live in Bury now but often visit my family down in Northampton. Some good skies there.

Dan.

Thanks Dan. Yeah there's some great areas just out of Peterborough too :) 

Hi Amy and welcome to the forum. You might want to post a general enquiry over on the 'Astro Lounge' as more people visit that section. You might want to consider downloading a free piece of planetarium software called Stellarium. It's easy to use, has lots of great features and would provide a great learning platform for your daughter so that she can understand how the night sky works and what there is to see. Also a useful resource when the clouds come in during school holidays!

Clear skies and hope you enjoy your stay here.

1 hour ago, JamesM said:

Hi Amy and welcome to the forum. You might want to post a general enquiry over on the 'Astro Lounge' as more people visit that section. You might want to consider downloading a free piece of planetarium software called Stellarium. It's easy to use, has lots of great features and would provide a great learning platform for your daughter so that she can understand how the night sky works and what there is to see. Also a useful resource when the clouds come in during school holidays!

Clear skies and hope you enjoy your stay here.

Hi Thanks. I downloaded Stellarium a few days ago haven't had time to show my daughter yet as she and my nephew have kept me busy over the last few days lol. Hoping to show her it tonight. :) 

Archived