Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_android_vs_ios_winners.thumb.jpg.803608cf7eedd5cfb31eedc3e3f357e9.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
Uranium235

Sun - White light 25-03-16

The only clear skies this week so far so I thought I would pop the solar filter on the Star71:

Sun_250316_2.JPG

• Like 4

great shot mate, i was surprized at the seeing today,it is very good here in south wales.thanks   charl.

Cheers, while I was there I popped an EP in the Star71 and managed to get it to focus without the recommended WO diagonal, by using the threaded 2" EP holder that comes with the Baader coma corrector. Looked alright, so me and the little one spent the morning doing some solar viewing too.

Im looking for a gap in the clouds that seem to have bubbled up this lunchtime so I can try a shorter exposure.

Looking good Rob, I've never been brave enough to point my Star71 at the Sun.

Dave

5 minutes ago, Davey-T said:

Looking good Rob, I've never been brave enough to point my Star71 at the Sun.

Dave

All you need is a filter made from Baader solar film, its completely safe for the Star71 ;)

But, I definitely would not use it with a Quark EP or solar wedge - I cant imagine 5 elements reacting well to full-on sunlight (smell something cooking?).

7 minutes ago, Uranium235 said:

All you need is a filter made from Baader solar film, its completely safe for the Star71 ;)

But, I definitely would not use it with a Quark EP - I cant imagine 5 elements reacting well to full-on sunlight (smell something cooking?).

Similar to the time I fitted the Quark with the end cap on :)

Sorry for the blurry pic' I still had smoke in my eyes

Dave

Quark-end-cap.jpg

Edited by Davey-T

Rob

nice pic :). it has clouded up here a bit as well but nice views this morning :)

Cheers

Ian

• Like 1

Very good , i was looking as well today and I see 3 Sun spots the one at the top had a very little one 7mm  to the right on your image.

4 minutes ago, Starlight 1 said:

Very good , i was looking as well today and I see 3 Sun spots the one at the top had a very little one 7mm  to the right on your image.

Cant see that little one for the life of me!...lol. Im pretty sure there were only two today :)