Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Penumbral eclipse, anyone?

orion25

I tried to see the penumbral eclipse this morning, but the moon was too low on the horizon at the time. I did see our beautiful, large, looming satellite setting in the West and a gorgeous sunrise in the East at one of my favorite observing spots, so I can't complain :hello2: There was a magical mist on the pond, too!  Did anyone see the eclipse?

Cheers,

Reggie

2 hours ago, Dave In Vermont said:

We're still laboring beneath the endless parade of clouds - and now snow is on the forecast.

There was a strange ball-of-light in the sky today - not sure what it could have been.....

Dave

You've got to come down South, dude. Or come with me out West to do some real astronomy, lol!

Mighty tempting, Reggie! But ever the optomist - it's got to get better eventually. Besides, Murphy's Law tells me if I went South or West, I'd bring a massive blizzard with me and bury half the nation like a news-story out of Buffalo, New York! :eek:

All the best -

Dave

56f350b079398_838322LOCALCarportc53.thum

58 minutes ago, Dave In Vermont said:

Mighty tempting, Reggie! But ever the optomist - it's got to get better eventually. Besides, Murphy's Law tells me if I went South or West, I'd bring a massive blizzard with me and bury half the nation like a news-story out of Buffalo, New York! :eek:

All the best -

Dave

56f350b079398_838322LOCALCarportc53.thum

Holy supernova! :help:

Archived