Jump to content

sgl_imaging_challenge_2021_annual.thumb.jpg.3fc34f695a81b16210333189a3162ac7.jpg

Local astronomy clubs


Recommended Posts

Hi Gary and welcome to the forum. Good idea to join your local club as it will give you the opportunity to get up close to some kit to see what all the fuss is about. You can't beat hands on experience! :grin:

Clear skies and hope you enjoy your stay here.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hiya Gary, welcome to SGL :)

Closest club to you might be the Clydesdale astro society who meet up in Forth, Lanarkshire or you could hook up with our group, Central Scotland Observers Group (google CSOG) a forum based free group who meet up at various dark sites in the Central Belt, usually at short notice as the weather dictates. You'd be made more than welcome if you turned up at one of our meets.

L.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Lorne said:

Hiya Gary, welcome to SGL :)

Closest club to you might be the Clydesdale astro society who meet up in Forth, Lanarkshire or you could hook up with our group, Central Scotland Observers Group (google CSOG) a forum based free group who meet up at various dark sites in the Central Belt, usually at short notice as the weather dictates. You'd be made more than welcome if you turned up at one of our meets.

L.

Thanks Lorne that's fabulous thanks for the invite! I have my last exam for work coming up at the start of May so going to look into joining once that's out the way! Thanks 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, laudropb said:

Hello and a warm welcome to the SGL. The Astronomical society of Glasgow has meetings each month in Strathclyde University and also has regular observing sessions.

Thanks mate very helpful will look into this!

only one Brian laudrup 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Garys90 said:

Thanks Lorne that's fabulous thanks for the invite! I have my last exam for work coming up at the start of May so going to look into joining once that's out the way! Thanks 

The downside of May is that where we are at 55 degrees north, by the end of the month the nights are too light to get any useful observing in! My kit gets packed away until August.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Lorne said:

The downside of May is that where we are at 55 degrees north, by the end of the month the nights are too light to get any useful observing in! My kit gets packed away until August.

blumming exams getting in the way of everything!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
On 22 March 2016 at 21:08, Lorne said:

The downside of May is that where we are at 55 degrees north, by the end of the month the nights are too light to get any useful observing in! My kit gets packed away until August.

shames as you would miss a whole night this Friday.... looks to be completely clear

 

but, we are in Central Belt......

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.