SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Local astronomy clubs

Garys90

Hi Gary and welcome to the forum. Good idea to join your local club as it will give you the opportunity to get up close to some kit to see what all the fuss is about. You can't beat hands on experience! :grin:

Clear skies and hope you enjoy your stay here.

Hiya Gary, welcome to SGL :)

Closest club to you might be the Clydesdale astro society who meet up in Forth, Lanarkshire or you could hook up with our group, Central Scotland Observers Group (google CSOG) a forum based free group who meet up at various dark sites in the Central Belt, usually at short notice as the weather dictates. You'd be made more than welcome if you turned up at one of our meets.

L.

3 hours ago, Lorne said:

Hiya Gary, welcome to SGL :)

Closest club to you might be the Clydesdale astro society who meet up in Forth, Lanarkshire or you could hook up with our group, Central Scotland Observers Group (google CSOG) a forum based free group who meet up at various dark sites in the Central Belt, usually at short notice as the weather dictates. You'd be made more than welcome if you turned up at one of our meets.

L.

Thanks Lorne that's fabulous thanks for the invite! I have my last exam for work coming up at the start of May so going to look into joining once that's out the way! Thanks 

19 hours ago, laudropb said:

Hello and a warm welcome to the SGL. The Astronomical society of Glasgow has meetings each month in Strathclyde University and also has regular observing sessions.

Thanks mate very helpful will look into this!

only one Brian laudrup 

2 hours ago, Garys90 said:

Thanks Lorne that's fabulous thanks for the invite! I have my last exam for work coming up at the start of May so going to look into joining once that's out the way! Thanks 

The downside of May is that where we are at 55 degrees north, by the end of the month the nights are too light to get any useful observing in! My kit gets packed away until August.

10 minutes ago, Lorne said:

The downside of May is that where we are at 55 degrees north, by the end of the month the nights are too light to get any useful observing in! My kit gets packed away until August.

blumming exams getting in the way of everything!!

• 1 month later...
On 22 March 2016 at 21:08, Lorne said:

shames as you would miss a whole night this Friday.... looks to be completely clear

but, we are in Central Belt......

Archived