Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

Swisscheese

Mare Crisium acrylic painting

Mare Crisium
It is a lunar mare, located just to the northeast of Mare Tranquillitatis, visible with the naked eye as a small dark spot on the edge of the moon's face. It has a very flat floor, with a  ring of wrinkle ridges towards the outer boundaries, its diameter is 555km.
It is the site of the crash-landing of Soviet Luna 15 probe in 1969. A soil sample from Mare Crisium was successfully brought to Earth on 22 August 1976 by the Soviet lunar mission Luna 24.

image.thumb.jpg.b8879cb69b94001f8e4fbf5b

• Like 11

Just A-m-a-z-i-n-g.....

Thanks for sharing it with as all 

Marios 

• Like 1

I've painted it at home. It takes me around 30 hours to paint depending how much detail there is. 

I will try sketching next time the telescope is up. I do love the ones other members display! They look fab. 

"Magnificent desolation" captured in acrylic. One wonders how few have spent such time over her inconstant face in that particular medium.

• Like 1