Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Mac software for Mesu / SiTech

Neil27

Hopefully about to join the legion of the many very happy Mesu 200 owners but would like to ask a few questions if possible.

Can the software that the Mesu mount uses be controlled by a Mac rather than a PC?

What software comes out of the box for controlling the Mesu mount is it user friendly and are there other alternatives?

As a warm room won't be possible due to space restrictions what is the possible maximum length a USB cable can be wired between the mount and the controlling computer? Reason I am asking is that the conservatory will be close to the observatory and the option is, once I get the Atik Infinity to control everything from indoors (especially in the cold weather)?

Again rather ask questions now rather than find out things after the whole set up is built.

As always thanks for the input people, really appreciate it.

USB extensions are prone to many flaws and failures... especially with camera's .
i.m.h.o.  the best way to cover some distance without wifi or extra pc is the Icron Ranger. Up to 100 meters with a cat cable.
More information here:  http://www.icron.com/products/icron-brand/usb-extenders/
I
use the Ranger 2204 for a couple of years now without any problem over 30 meters with a cat6 cable

Archived