Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hi, from Stoke on Trent

Sueposs

Hi. I just joined, with the hope of finding advice on using my Nexstar 102 slt.

Have had it for a few years and still not mastered the alignment .

and do find it difficult to find things, however the Moon is magical thought it..

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi and welcome to SGL - Glad that you found us and hope that you enjoy your time here. There's a wealth of information on the forum and helpful folks too. Have you considered finding an astro club local to you and going there for some hands on help? There's a link here so you can search where relevant 

Look forward to seeing you around :)

Hi Sue,

I'm also in S-O-T. where abouts roughly are you in stoke. Keele uni has open nights at the observatory every tues night. If you duck up there someone may be able to help you out (particularly if it's cloudy and the big frac is not being used). Pop the scope in the boot incase they're able to help. there's also north staffs astro society http://www.northstaffsas.co.uk/.
Best of luck. Ask loads of questions and welcome to SGL.

Hi Sue and welcome to SGL, your next step is to pop a question about your scope into the "Equipment help and advise section" where you may find the answer to your problem, more than here in the welcome section, enjoy the forum :)

• 4 months later...

Hello Sue,

Did you manage to get some advice on using your telescope? I would echo a previous post: Both North Staffs AS and Keele Observatory can offer some help on setup and use. Keele Observatory is open on Tuesday evenings 8pm to 10pm, and Saturday afternoons 1pm to 3pm. If you have a telescope to lug, drop the Director an email (see the website) and arrange to drive up to the Observatory so you don't have to carry it up the hill. I may well be the contact thereafter to arrange a session on setup.

Regards, James Albinson

Archived